header

header

9.01.2009

Tutorial Tuesday - Taco Night Leftovers

Is it just me, or are you looking for a new way to use all the leftovers from Taco Night besides salad? I always end up with extra ingredients and have been making this layered casserole for years to use them up. You might even call it a Mexican Lasagna. Ready?

Ingredients:

Taco Meat
Grated Cheese
Tortillas
Beans
Rice
Salsa or Enchilada Sauce
Sour Cream




Begin by placing a tortilla in the bottom of your dish:



Add layers of meat, rice (I used Mexican yellow rice), beans, and salsa.



Top with Cheese then repeat layers until you are out of room or out of ingredients



Place in a 350 degree oven, covered, for about 30 minutes. You can uncover the last 5 minutes.



Cut a wedge, top with sour cream, and dig in! Add a small salad and you've got a meal.



Adios!

.

8 comments:

  1. Great idea! For years, I've made a similar cassarole that we call Mexican Cassarole. If interested, email me back! Stopping by from SITS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! This looks delicious...who says you have to use leftovers? I think I might make this one to begin with! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll have to try that! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmm that looks freakin' GOOD too! I usually just end up letting leftovers go to waste, but I've been trying to change that lately. Thanks for the idea!

    On a side note- have you ever tried turkey tacos? We just use ground turkey instead of beef, and it's awesome. We're not big beef-eaters though, so I might be a little biased.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum! I may need to make this from scratch. It looks so good. Did I mention that I love Mexican food?

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

How to Avoid Stress At Work